Monday, January 19, 2009

Two more weeks!

We got measured for carpet today, and it will be installed February 7, which means we will be moving February 8. Yay! And also, THANK GOD. I am so ready for this to be over. It seems like after months of plodding along making no progress for a week (or a month) at a time things are really moving now. Fine by me--we won't be moving in with everything completely done, but hey, we'll be moving in. I think if I have to paint the bathroom while we live there I'll survive it. The only sucky thing is we still have to have an insurance inspection, and I'm kind of afraid we won't pass for some stupid reason or another. That's probably why I've put it off for this long.

To be perfectly honest, I'm kind of afraid of what will happen after we get all of our stuff moved in. The house is around 850 square feet. We have a storage unit and at least two rooms here filled with stuff. The fact that we've lived without most of it (storage unit-wise, anyway) for almost six months tells me there will be a lot of purging to do. I hate purging. Well, no, I take that back. I love getting rid of stuff. However, I don't really like taking it to a thrift store, Freecycling it or putting it on Craigslist, and I feel guilty about throwing it away. I think I'm just really, really lazy.

This weekend was a lot of painting and next weekend will be painting and laying the kitchen floor. Then, after that...THE END.

No comments:

Post a Comment