Monday, January 12, 2009

Uh...

After I put YaYa to bed at night I can pretty much count on this routine: he will come in to my room and tell me he needs to go to the bathroom. I will tell him to go, he'll go, and when he comes out he'll say, “OK, Mommy, in the morning be sure and wake up me, and Mr. Man, and Daddy, and Grandma, and Papa, and Doodah [his aunt who lives an hour away] and Moogs [daughter of said aunt]. That's a lot of people.” And I will agree that yes, it is a lot of people, kisses and hugs and Iloveyous will be exchanged and he will go back to bed. (Sometimes he stays in bed, sometimes he comes in several more times until I yell at him to go to bed and then feel bad for yelling at him instead of giving him kisses and hugs like he asked. Because obviously it was a sincere request; he really needed dozens of kisses and hugs before he could go to sleep.)

Tonight, however, he altered his routine a little. He went to the bathroom and when he came out he said, “Night, Mommy. Be sure and don't ruin my life!”

I said, “OK, honey, I'll give it my best shot.” What else are you supposed to say to a statement like that? He was pretty cheerful about it, too. He'll be pleased to know that not ruining his life is pretty high on my list of priorities.

No comments:

Post a Comment