Saturday, January 10, 2009

Whee!

Ah, the obligatory "my first post" post. I suppose the thing to do here is to tell you about myself and the point of my blog.

First, I am a married stay-at-home mother of two boys, YaYa and Mr. Man (not their real names, as I'm sure you guessed). YaYa is 4, Mr. Man is 2. They're awesome kids and I really wish I weren't such a grouch in the morning toward them. I can't help it; I'm not a morning person. (Maybe part of that is because I'm up at 2:30 AM blogging.)

I have a lot of things I want to do...my To Do list is years long, and I think if I get a tenth of it done before I die I'll be lucky. Top things on the list: get a book published and get my etsy shop off the ground. Unfortunately my etsy shop was mostly focused on children's clothing and accessories, so it's going through a complete retooling right now because of the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act. (In short: very expensive testing is now required and it would drive my prices up to ridiculous heights. Not many people can afford a $300 diaper bag.)

My top goal in the short term is to finish remodeling our house (mobile home, but that's a bit unwieldy and I'm not in love with thinking of it that way), move in and finish the decorating. The decorating involves several DIY projects of course, because I love DIY and if I can make it I won't buy it, so that means it could take forever.

The thing about me is that I'm a horrible procrastinator. I want to be more organized, be more on top of things, finish more projects, grow more of my own food (as opposed to none), make my own clothes, things along that line. But somehow things never end up getting done. So while I hope this blog makes me move my butt more and not just surf design blogs, I'm sure it'll also be a forum for neverending To Do lists. (Another thing about me--I love lists. And parenthetical statements.)

So anyway, I'll post a little more background later because I should really make an attempt at sleep. I'm sure you're all tingling with the anticipation of experiencing more of my sparkling wit. And I'm not totally sure that last sentence made any sense. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment