Tuesday, March 17, 2009

I accomplished things today

Woohoo. I like it when I start and finish a project all in one day. It makes me feel productive.

Anyway, I decided to bake today instead of when it would be cooler later in the week. Probably because my back wasn't killing me* and I thought it best to get it over with. So I made...

Two batches of biscuits. (Pictured: the ones I cooked. Not pictured: the dough I threw into the fridge for pigs in a blanket tomorrow. Also, my biscuit trick: pat the dough out into a square/rectangle and use a pizza cutter to slice the dough into square biscuits. It's easier and there's no messing with those little scraps and ending up with that one weird biscuit at the end.)



A batch of ham and cheese muffins.



A loaf of cinnamon raisin bread. Honestly, I expect this to be like a brick. A tasty brick, but a brick nonetheless. I didn't realize the stirrer in my bread machine had gone missing. I was trying to be lazy multitask so I did the bread in there, only to realize after two hours--when it started baking all the unstirred ingredients--that it wasn't going to turn out. So I dumped it out, mixed it up, let it rise, added cinnamon and raisins, let it rise again, and baked it. I do not have high hopes; that pan is a lot heavier than it should be.



I also hung curtains in front of the laundry area. They're a little long, and I had to hang them with clothesline because I don't have anything else to do it yet, but now I don't have to look at the washer and dryer and feel guilty about all the laundry I'm not doing. That's probably a bad thing, but oh well.


Not pictured, both because I didn't do it today and I don't want to get up to take a picture: I hung a door for our bedroom Sunday. I did most of the work, except when I needed B to help me hold the door or something. It's awesome, but I have learned the hard way that luan stinks and therefore our bedroom stinks.

Mr. Man had an appointment with the school psychologist today, and tomorrow a teacher, a behavioral therapist and a speech therapist are coming. (I think that's everyone, and I think I've gotten everyone's job title right.) I'll just write about it all then.

*Have I mentioned this? I hurt myself a few weeks ago working on the stupid cat tree that is still nowhere near done. I'm almost out of Percocet and it still hurts.

1 comment:

  1. Whoa. Your days are way more productive than mine. You should bake yourself a bunch of cookies as a reward and then eat them all in one sitting.

    Now that's productive.

    ReplyDelete