Wednesday, April 29, 2009

It's always a party at my house

I kind of wish my house had a name. Like Rosemont or Belthwaite or something fancy like that. No particular reason other than saying "my house" is kind of boring.

Yesterday was a life riot over here at the old homestead. The cats had some GI problems, to put it delicately, which meant the hall carpet had to be cleaned and our sheets washed. The living room carpet needs to be cleaned, too, but for non-cat reasons, a.k.a. my children.

Also, YaYa and I had to go to four different fabric stores looking for John Deere fabric for a diaper bag for my sister-in-law. I'll post it when it's done, I'm sure you're all waiting with baited breath. You might be waiting for a while, though; I haven't started it yet and I have to finish my mom's Mother's Day purse first. Anyway (I say anyway a lot, I had to erase another anyway from somewhere else in the post before I could use that one) we went to a hundred fabric stores and finally found decent-looking fabric at Wal-Mart, of all places. The fabric at our Wal-Mart is 25% off because they're getting rid of the fabric section. I have some quilts to make for the boys that I will be doing mostly with scraps and maybe stash fabric, but there's always room for different fabrics in a quilt. Not in my house, though.

My sister gave me 41 (I counted) Disney tapes at Easter. Which was when we found out that our VCR no longer works. I guess all that crap Mr. Man shoved into it killed it. We went to Goodwill yesterday and bought a new one, which did not work. So I had to go back and get a different one, which does work. But I keep expecting that it's got some hidden flaw, like it eats every third tape or something. So far so good. We watched The Jungle Book yesterday and are watching The Lion King today.

So you've probably all left or fallen asleep by now, but I'm wrapping it up, don't worry. Here's a random picture that has nothing to do with anything, I just love it. It's Mr. Man making a pouty face, I suppose he's a few months old here. I just discovered I can't find most of his baby pictures, which makes me sad and annoyed with technology. Anyhoo. (See? I didn't say anyway.) Here it is.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe your house doesn't need a NAME so much as it needs a tagline, like:

    "This is where the magic happens."

    Or "Police Line - Do Not Cross."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it. It's a little long, but I'm thinking "Despite the screaming, I'm really not beating my children."

    ReplyDelete