Sunday, May 3, 2009

A bunch of junk

I don't really know what I'm going to talk about. Our fifth anniversary was May 1, yay. I got Taco Bell for dinner, which was what I wanted. Actually I could have gone for Chinese, but if Omaha has a drive through Chinese restaurant I don't know about it. Can you believe that? I wish they had Chinese delivery, too, which I think I can get through this sort of food delivery service that gets the food from these places and brings it to you. It used to be something like $25 for them to deliver but last time I looked it was down to about $3. I'll have to use them sometime and stop complaining about it. And actually if I'm being honest I would really have wanted Chinese buffet because I love Chinese food that much. When B and I got married he would not touch Chinese food with a ten foot pole, but now he buys it and asks me to make stir fry. So there you go, hard evidence that people can change.

I am tired of crafting. Right now on my important projects list I have: a purse for my mom (needs to be done by Mother's Day, I found out last night I was apparently drunk when I designed it), a diaper bag for me (my straps are disintegrating), a diaper bag for my sister in law (needs to be done by the time she gives birth in July, I would assume), a wall organizer for the same sister in law (same due date), and a name sign for my sister in law's son (again, July). All of these except for my diaper bag have been started, but I have apparently developed some sort of attention deficit disorder. I sit down to do a project and in five minutes I'm antsy to get up and do something else. I blame my children for this--I've gotten so used to being interrupted that my brain has forgotten how to pay attention to any one thing for any length of time. This happens for everything I do, so it's not just a thing that happens when I don't want to do something.

Anyway. Have I blathered on long enough? I think I have. I shall leave you with a picture of YaYa with a headless Jedi and R2-D2. He and B went to some sort of comic book thing yesterday. There's a picture of him having quite the animated conversation with the Red Robin mascot, but all you can see is the mascot's hand so it's not that good. And the Jedi is headless because B cut his head off in the picture, so maybe I should blame B for all these bad pictures.

1 comment:

  1. I stumbled over from The Inspired Room's Procrastinator's posts. I am in Cincinnati, but am from Omaha. The only drive-thru Chinese I've ever encountered after living in three states was Egg Roll King in Lincoln. What a missed opportunity! Depending on where you live, there should be some small places that will deliver for a minimum order.

    ReplyDelete