Saturday, June 13, 2009

It's always been my dream to die in a fire

Not really, but I think the house wishes I would. Sometimes I feel like this place is the Rose Madder of trailers.

My parents came by last night to solve the mystery of the broken hot water heater. By the time they got here one of the outlets in the hallway, the dryer and the stove were no longer working. Dad and B went out, B crawled around under the house a bit, and they found the culprit, which I wish I had a picture of. It was some wonderful DIY wiring from the previous owners that had corroded together, shorted out, caught on fire and gone out. That was the source of the mysterious smoke and burning rubber smell from Thursday. Now it is fixed and hopefully our risk of dying in a fire has decreased significantly.

No comments:

Post a Comment