Thursday, November 12, 2009

Decisions, decisions

I have decided that I want a stand mixer for Christmas. We used to have my mother's hand-me-down KitchenAid, which we loved, but the motor burned out about a year ago. I think it was older than I am, so that's not a bad run. But now the time has come to replace it and I can't decide.

Should I go with the classic white KitchenAid stand mixer for $200?



Or a nice yellow to match my canister set for $300?



And then, of course, there is the non-KitchenAid option, a Sunbeam Mixmaster for $90.

(All pictures from Amazon.com)

I don't know how I feel about deviating from the KitchenAid gold standard. B argues that it won't make any difference, but given that he burned out the old mixer's motor making cookies (cookies!), I say we need something with some power so he won't do it again. Not that I understand how he did it in the first place. Also I'm really in love with the idea of all those attachments. I may never use them, but I like the idea that I could make my own pasta or ravioli or grind my own meat with a mixer.

In other Christmas news, we have no idea what to get for the boys. They love all toys and would probably be just as happy with a cardboard box as a new video game, which makes shopping quite difficult. But we'll figure something out before the big day, hopefully soon because I would love to be done with Christmas shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment