Saturday, February 27, 2010

Worthless but cute

I've been looking for suitably cute bookends for the boys' room but haven't really found anything--everything is trains or barn animals or just bleh. After searching around I found that apparently the New Thing is felt bookends filled with beans. I was skeptical, because at the sizes given (4x6) it just didn't seem like they would have enough weight to be effective bookends, but whatever. I made them. Two canvas bags, filled with rice, with a red "E" on one and a red "N" on the other, for the first letters of the boys' names.



As I said, cute but worthless. It might look better if I had more thrown in a bowl or an apothecary jar or something, but I don't have places for either of those things, so on the bookshelf they stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment