Friday, April 16, 2010

Updated to do list

I know I am accomplishing things, yet this list doesn't seem to be getting any shorter. Plus I am now sick with some sort of delightful sinusy sore throat thing, which motivates me so much.

In the kitchen:
1. Finish the peninsula--wood fill, sand and paint the countertop.
2. Make curtains for the peninsula.
3. Finish the backsplash.
4. Touch up the ceiling paint.
5. Fix the water damage on the floor, if possible. If it's not possible, I don't know what to do. The first thing I'm going to try is Super Glue, which is of course what the experts say to use on laminate.

In the dining room:
1. Hang the (yet-to-be-purchased) ceiling fan.
2. Finish the pantry doors--cross pieces, sanding, painting and handles.

In the living room:
1. Finish the new cover for the side chair.
2. Get all the leftover wood out of the living room and into the shed.
3. Clean the carpet.

In the hall:
1. Clean the carpet.

In the boys' room:
1. Fix the light fixture that fell out of the ceiling tonight. (Yay! A new addition to the list!)
2. Touch up the paint.
3. Paint the house center doors that aren't painted yet.
4. Clean the carpet.

In our room:
1. Clean carpets and get rid of the computer desk. No major projects in here, knock on wood.

Outside:
1. Finish painting, about 200 linear feet to both prime and paint. With a 2 1/2" angle brush. By myself.
2. Clean off the deck.
3. Power wash the deck.
4. Maybe put some lattice up at the back of the deck. I don't want to spend any more money, but I also don't want any small children falling off of it. So it's a toss-up.
5. Touch up the patio set. (Optional, but it's all about curb appeal.)
6. Fix the sidewalk upheaved by tree roots. I don't know if this is actually possible.
7. Clean up the flower beds and put down new mulch in a few spots.
8. Patch and reshingle the bad parts of the shed roof.

Think I can get it all done by next weekend? Not that there's any reason to have it done by then, but I'm a big fan of arbitrary deadlines.

1 comment:

  1. I'm tired just reading all of that. Maybe that's why I don't make lists about projects left to do. That and there would be no end to it...

    ReplyDelete