Sunday, December 19, 2010

Crafts update

I never thought this day would come. I am finished with Christmas crafting. This may have involved a little bit of financial sacrifice (as in, I made less stuff and we bought more stuff) but considering that it's a week before Christmas and I'm just finishing I think that's a good thing.

I apologize for crappy pictures taken on the bed. For the felt food, that's where Yaya wanted to take them and for the rest I was too lazy/tired to think of somewhere else. So here we go.

The boys' felt food. Pancakes, peanut butter, jelly, bread, chicken nuggets, cheese, turkey and cookies.






This is more of an early Christmas gift and I plan on making more stuff during Christmas break. Yaya wants to have "enough to play bakery" and of course it's not fair that he doesn't have everything that Lily has yet.

Which leads me to Lily's felt food. Cake, chips, cookies, eggs, bacon, syrup, pancakes, bread, peanut butter, jelly, turkey and cheese. She actually has four pieces of bread but they needed to be sewed shut when I took this picture. They're done now. I don't really expect that cake box to last very long; it's mostly for packaging. It was my first cake and cake box; I hope that both will improve in the future.




Reusuable grocery bags for the teachers that will be filled with delicious homemade food, none of it healthy.


Last but not least, Mr. Man's quiet book. Mailbox with mail and two letters.


Driving pages. I had car beads on there, but the strings were too fiddly and got tangled up. So now he has to do it the old fashioned way and drive a Matchbox car over it.


Oven with a sheet of cupcakes.


Shape matching. I 100% expect these shapes to get lost, but I've kept the pattern pieces so making new ones won't be a big deal.


There you have it. Next week I'll be baking and posting pictures of it all if I remember. I'm not ashamed to say that I'm really looking forward to a cinnamon roll. And peanut brittle. And cookies.



1 comment:

  1. ooh i love these! i have been dying to make felt food. my son is so into cooking right now.

    ReplyDelete