Friday, January 21, 2011

I think this is negative progress

I got no tile laid yesterday, not really surprisingly. I had hoped to get some down, but I wasn't totally convinced that was feasible. And once I got some of the carpet up, I knew it wasn't happening.


This is what was underneath the carpet. What is presumably the paper backing to the flooring that was here before and a gap and height difference that will have to be dealt with. That subfloor showing through is actually the edge of one very creaky board. The board next to it, mostly hidden under the paper, is a little higher. I can tell they've used floor leveling cement so I'm not sure if a crappy job was done or what. I'll know more when I get more paper up.


Close up of the paper. Some of it seems to be really well-glued down, and some of it peels right up. I'm going to find a decent sized putty knife and do what I can. At this point sheet linoleum would have been a better choice.

I foresee many nights of tedious sucky paper scraping ahead of me. Woo. Hoo.

Finally, don't forget to enter my giveaway, ending January 31. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment