Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Cookie time

I bought a huge bucket of animal-shaped cookie cutters at Hobby Lobby forever ago, and I haven't used most of them. Instead of continuing to wait for an excuse in the form of a party, I decided to break them out and make sugar cookies with the kids.

Yaya rolled out the dough.


I think this is Yaya's arm but I can't guarantee it.


Cutting out the dough. It didn't take long to figure out that it was best to leave the cookie cutters in the dough or else Mr. Man would stick another cutter in and we'd have to reroll.






Mr. Man moved too fast for me here; he's wearing the oven mitts because apparently he's in charge of taking cookies out of the oven now.


The finished product. I practiced my royal icing outline and flood fill technique; I definitely need more practice.


That's not all the cookies; it took me a day to get to the icing so that's about half of them. I have to hide them from Mr. Man or else he'd eat nothing but cookies all day long, but I can't say I blame him for that. I definitely need to find a new icing recipe; Wilton's royal icing tastes like crap.

1 comment:

  1. looks like so much fun! mr man must have enjoyed himself

    ReplyDelete