Tuesday, May 17, 2011

I hate parasites

Mr. Man brought head lice home from school yesterday. You can imagine how thrilled I am. I would like to find the person who sent their kid to school with bugs on their head and...well, I'd give them a dirty look at the very least.

I treated Mr. Man with conditioner first, hoping that that would take care of it and no pesticides would be needed.


No such luck, though. So after combing, rinsing and washing three times with baby shampoo the Nix went on.


And I found a louse and two nits in his hair this morning.

Son. of. a. bitch.

I'm hoping it was stuff I missed yesterday. I don't know how the louse survived. He's dead now, though, so that's great news. I've gone over Mr. Man's head about four times since then and haven't seen anything else. Fingers crossed that everything's gone. I think I caught them early. I haven't seen any on Yaya's head, although he did get the same conditioner treatment.

And now I believe that I am going to go take a nap so that I have some hope of recovering from my late night of washing every soft thing in the house.

1 comment:

  1. oh my goodness, i am getting itchy just thinking about it! i know the feeling.... same way i felt when someone sent their kid to daycare with hand foot and mouth!!!! grrrrrr
    good luck and enjoy your nap!

    ReplyDelete