Wednesday, June 1, 2011

May to do list update

Well, I think this was the least I accomplished on a list so far. I did get part of three out of four projects done, but only one finished project.

1. Finish painting stairs and entry. The stairs are still just primed, although I have all the materials to do the work. The entry is done except for a coat of polyurethane. I want to find something that doesn't stink (like the Safecoat Acrylacq Sealant John and Sherry recommend) but so far all I've come across is polyurethane or polycrylic. So the search continues.

2. Finish basement wall. Never even came close to getting started. The new front door will be hung (fingers crossed) this weekend, and yes I know I've said that before, but this time is for reals. Once that's done I can start thinking about doing the basement wall.

3. Make the kids shorts. The only one I got done, although I only made shorts for Yaya. Once I realized that Mr. Man had about three pairs of jeans that could be cut off plus at least half a dozen pairs of shorts, I crossed him off the list.

4. Hang curtains and rods in master bedroom. Still at one down, two to go, but I did go to Home Depot and get the right bolts yesterday. And I still only have the fabric for two of four curtain panels. I just have to talk myself into giving up the $60 for the other two. It might take a while.

So there you have it. I'm not sure what the June list will have on it. I'm doing some painting in the kitchen and Mr. Man's room, plus some other projects in the boys' rooms and the living room. We'll see what I get done.

No comments:

Post a Comment