Thursday, June 23, 2011

Not exactly what I had in mind


This is what my stairs look like after the background dry brush coat, which is a mix of half-glaze, half-paint. The paint was chosen for its closeness to the general tone of the sample of the flooring we plan on installing. However, here it just looks...orange. I'm going to finish the rest of the steps (the top half is done, the bottom half is half-done) and then I'll darken the paint up a little bit, I think. I'm tempted to just finish a stair tread completely to see how it turns out, but I'm more than a little sure that even adding more paint isn't going to improve it much, if at all. Also, I keep forgetting about those screw holes in the front of that tread, I really need to fill those before I get too much further.

No comments:

Post a Comment