Friday, July 8, 2011

Looking forward to the weekend

There's my obligatory Rebecca Black reference, I haven't had one here before. I'm behind the times.

The last few weekends have been busy with just random stuff--holiday travel, cleaning, moving stuff in the basement so it doesn't flood, etc. I've needed a nice relaxing shopping day for a while and I think (fingers crossed) I'm going to get it tomorrow.

First we'll go to Petsmart to look at all the animals (I say this is for the kids, but it's for me, too). Mr. Man loves looking at the fish. We have a five gallon aquarium that I kind of want to decorate in Spongebob for him for his birthday. Maybe get a betta?


Maybe some 27 cent goldfish?


After that we'll be going here to play with cameras.


This one is totally for me. But they have lots of TVs and a home theater setup, leather chairs and all, that the boys like. Plus they have one of these.


It is sad how much I'm looking forward to some Burger King. I am almost certainly going to be disappointed because I've built it up so much. I'll get a hot fudge sundae out of the deal, though.

At some point we'll be going to a friend of B's house to fit a costume that I'm making him for a comic book thing. It may be Comic-Con in San Francisco. I don't know. I have a little over a week and a half to finish it; for a procrastinator like me that's not nearly enough time. But I'll make it. I'll have to make a quick stop at the fabric store tomorrow, too. I have a coupon which is always great.

Then, to finish off the day if the children haven't mutinied, we'll be going to at least one thrift store. Finding a good thrift store around here can be difficult, but there's a new one I want to try out. We'll see if I can convince B to go to the new one and my favorite "old" one.

There may or may not be a water balloon fight when we get home. Sunday, if it doesn't rain, I'll be working in the yard finishing the begonia and coleus bed I started weeks ago. Literally, weeks. Oops.

So what plans do you have this weekend? Something fun, I hope.

3 comments:

  1. wow im not the only one with a busy weekend coming up! and water balloons that reminds me i have a huge bag that I have to stash for tomorrow! hehehe i think the adults will have just as much fun
    have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had a tough time finding good thrift stores since moving to Cincinnati. Hearing about good haunts is like trying to break into a secret society! My Omaha faves were DAV and StVdeP on S 24th St. My dad loves American Thrift on N 30th.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like the perfect Saturday! My kiddos love the pet store.

    Though, as a child, I did have a bad experience with our pet beta fish. He kept jumping up to a little ledge near the top of the tank, then wouldn't hop down. One day we didn't find him in time.

    Happy shopping. :)

    ReplyDelete