Friday, August 5, 2011

Poor kitty

This is Poppy.


We've had Poppy for about a year now, but apparently my brain refuses to recognize this.

Last fall, I woke up to a noise in the bedroom. I looked over and there was this tiny fluffy black thing hanging from the windowsill. We'd only had Poppy for three months at that point which was apparently not long enough for my brain to form memories of her. So I started screaming "SQUIRREL! There's a squirrel in here!" B woke up, as you do when someone is screaming, took one look and started laughing hysterically. Poppy gave up on getting into the window and left the crazy lady's room.

Last night, I woke up to another noise. It was Poppy again, although this time she wasn't hanging from the windowsill because the windows were closed. I remembered we had a cat this time, but I was convinced that this was not our cat. I started freaking out again about this strange cat in our room and did we leave a door open HOW DID THIS CAT GET INTO MY HOUSE. B, once more, woke up and laughed at my foggy brain. The cat was not amused.

Hopefully Poppy can forgive me for forgetting who she is every night.

No comments:

Post a Comment