Saturday, August 27, 2011

This kid

I swear, sometimes I think Mr. Man is going to be the death of me.


We had a fun trip to the ER last week (and me being the good blogger I am didn't even think to post about it until yesterday) after he swallowed a penny. For some reason I thought we had lucked out and been able to skip that stage. Even when he started putting things in his mouth about a month ago I thought, as I ordered him to spit whatever it was out, "he's old enough to know not to swallow stuff." And I stand by that, but I failed to rule out accidental swallowing. Which is how the penny got in there. It's gone now per a follow up X-ray Wednesday, as are two giant bags of toys that were probably accidents waiting to happen. I've calmed down a bit; for several days after he did it I would jump at every little thing he did, ready to run over and grab whatever it was out of his mouth. I just really really hope that he doesn't do it again. I'm sure he'll find something else to get into; gotta keep the parents on their toes.

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh, glad everything is ok... but how can you get mad at that face!

    ReplyDelete