Monday, January 23, 2012

Good brass or bad brass?

As part of my living room refresh, I decided to spray paint the two lamps that sit on the console table. They were forest green, which obviously wasn't going to work, and I wanted to paint them a lighter green but couldn't find one that didn't look neon. So I painted them oil-rubbed bronze until I could figure something else out. And they stayed ORB for a long time, until I decided painting them an antique brass color was a good idea. I've used Gold Rush Metallic by Rustoleum before (on the curtain rods in our bedroom) and absolutely loved it, so it was my go-to antique brass color for these lamps. Here's a before.


And now.


Even before I painted them I knew that I wasn't sure about the color of the paint with the color of the table, but I decided to go ahead and do it anyway. Now...I'm still not sure about the color of the paint with the color of the table. I like the lamps, I think, but I can't decide if I like them on that specific table. Not that I have another one to switch to, at least not at the moment.

So what do you think? Is this good brass or bad brass? Should I keep it or begin yet another quest for a different color? How many coats of spray paint can one lamp take? I think I'm going to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment