Monday, January 30, 2012

Menu Plan Monday for January 30, 2012


Normally our menu plan is nothing I want to even know about, much less share with the internet, so I don't bother linking up to Org Junkie's MPM. But I like it this week, so I'm going to go ahead and join.

Breakfasts around here are either eggs and toast, cereal or oatmeal. If it's a weekend day there might be French toast, pancakes or, if I'm feeling really ambitious, homemade biscuits and gravy.

Usually the kids are in school for lunch and I'll just eat whatever's left over from the night before. B will either take leftovers or chips and a sandwich to work with him. Mr. Man always eats school lunch, but sometimes Yaya takes a cold lunch. If Yaya takes a lunch he likes half a crunchy peanut butter and honey sandwich, some kind of snack cracker and applesauce. I know, it's not much, but the kid is incredibly picky. Where are the vegetables, you say? Oh, how funny.

So on to the dinners.

Monday--Broccoli Cheddar Chicken Braid, fruit

Tuesday--Homemade pizza (probably half cheese, quarter pepperoni, quarter beef) using this crust recipe, salad, fruit.

Wednesday--chicken dumpling casserole, green beans, fruit. One of the few new recipes I've made in the past six months that B has asked me to make again.

Thursday--tuna casserole, peas, fruit.

Friday--lasagna, garlic bread, salad.

Saturday--Chinese honey chicken, stir-fried vegetables, rice.

Sunday--Super Bowl. Not sure of our complete menu, but B makes some pretty delicious honey barbecue chicken drumsticks that I could eat all day, plus he wants Little Smokies in barbecue sauce. I'm thinking of making ham and cheese pretzel bites again, too. I'd also love to make a batch of the Knorr spinach dip that I love so much. I usually don't because it makes so much and I'm the only one that eats it, but according to this it can be frozen and reheated. So maybe I'll find out if that's true. Finally, Jello poke cake with Cool Whip frosting sounds good for dessert, as long as I can send half of it to work with B on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment