Saturday, January 7, 2012

To do in 2012

While I'm too lazy to do a recap post for a year, I will do a to do list post. I love to do lists even though I hardly ever finish mine.

I thought about planning a project a month, but then I remembered I'm eight months pregnant. So at some point there will be a baby, which means a project a month is probably way overstretching. For now I'll just go with what's most pressing to me, listed in no particular order.

1. Redo the bathroom. Here it is now:



There's some water damage to the subfloor, but I'm pretty sure that a) it's old and b) it's actually in our bedroom though it's from the tile in the bathroom. The wall behind the tub seems to be not so straight anymore--the bottom row of tiles has separated from the row above, which I have temporarily dealt with by applying a generous amount of grout, but that's not a permanent fix. Plus that tile is ugy. So we'll be rebuilding that wall and putting in a tub surround for sure. There will also definitely be a new coat of paint, new storage, new vanity top, new sink and faucet, new light fixtures and new flooring. What I'm not so sure about is whether or not there will be a new vanity.

2. Refresh the living room. Here's a not-entirely-accurate before:


I am really looking forward to getting a new camera. Anyway, I'm saying refresh instead of redo because the big stuff is more or less staying the same. This is already in progress. I won't give it all away, but I think it's going to be great.

3. Redo kitchen.


This won't be a gut reno or anything, but I'm keeping the details a secret until I actually start. It's a miracle I've been able to restrain myself from starting thus far.

4. Finish nursery.


5. Refresh boys' room. No before because I don't have one on the computer and they're sleeping. The wall color, accent colors and theme are staying the same but there will be some other changes. I'm kind of nervous about this one because part of the changes will be getting a bunk bed, and of course I'm not 100% convinced Yaya won't fall off the top or Mr. Man won't sneak up to the top and fall off. Basically I'm expecting someone to fall off the top, but there will be rails so hopefully not.

6. Fix up the basement. This will include paint on the walls--and possibly actual walls, not just cement--and something done to the floor, I think paint and throw rugs. I also want to get a better set up for tool storage and the workbench. I think I could cut about 50% of the time from my projects if I could actually find the stuff I need for them.

I think that's enough for now. Think I can get it all done?

2 comments:

  1. Are you nesting!?!? That's a pretty ambitious list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHAT??? I say the bathroom equals a whole years worth of projects.

    Good luck on the last (and LONGEST!) month! :)

    ReplyDelete