Friday, June 1, 2012

Nursery Progress

I remember being pregnant and confident that I would have the nursery done before I gave birth. Yeah, obviously that didn't happen, but it's getting close--well, closer.

Here's the view from the door.

As you can see, it's a tiny room. When she gets older we'll be able to fit a twin bed in here, and that dresser will probably be able to stay, but not much else.

From the crib wall.

You'll notice that I somehow forgot to paint the background on the top middle canvas; I still don't know how I managed that. I thought about procrastinating taking these pictures until that was fixed, but at the rate things get done around here that could have taken weeks.

The canvases are 16x20, bought from Hobby Lobby in a "promotional 2 pack" somewhere around $7-8 each. So around $25 total. I painted the backgrounds (most of them) an off-white acrylic color that I could get in an 8 ounce bottle and the sides copper acrylic that I already had. The lamps are from Target, on clearance for $10 each a while back.

Dresser is painted, yay. The color is Behr Peach Cloud, if memory serves.

The only accessories in here thus far. These belonged to B's grandma (Baby Girl has his grandma's first name as her middle name, so the placement seemed appropriate) and are used to hold her hair stuff and other miscellaneous little stuff, like product samples we get from the doctor, nail clippers, thermometer, etc.

Still to be done: fix the finish on the rocking chair, add the trim (blue ribbon and lilac ball fringe) to the curtains, finish the bottom edge of the shade, make the mobile for over the crib, find a rug and possibly add a footstool or pouf by the rocker. I also need to finish painting the doors and trim, plus I think the crib wall needs some sort of decor. I'll figure something out for bedding, but so far nothing has really tripped my trigger, even custom stuff. I have a blanket I'm crocheting that has been almost done since I was eight months pregnant; I think it's about time to push through and get that finished.

So who else is ready for the weekend? This was our first full week of summer vacation and the boys have spent a lot of it fighting. Yaya is spending the night at Grandma's house tonight, so hopefully that will cut the bickering down some. Mr. Man is mad right now because he's grounded from the Wii for hitting and throwing things. Tsk tsk, Mr. Man. (Seriously, though, any good advice on getting an autistic child to stop throwing stuff and hitting every time they're told no?) We're going to go buy Baby Girl some clothes this weekend since she outgrew almost all of her 0-3 month stuff at once. I'm also going to try and get the kitchen cabinet painting finished up. What about you guys? Any fun weekend plans?

Linking up to Remodelaholic and Serenity Now

No comments:

Post a Comment