Thursday, August 16, 2012

Back to school

As of Wednesday, the boys are back in school. Like most stay at home parents, I have mixed feelings. On the one hand, the quiet is amazing. It's so much easier for Baby Girl to take a long nap, which makes it so much easier for me to get stuff done. I don't have to referee eight million fights a day, and yes, that is an accurate figure. When I clean something it stays clean, at least until 4:30 when everyone is finally home. On the other hand, I love having my kids around. I love hearing the weird things Yaya wants to talk about. I love seeing Mr. Man laugh at something in a game or perhaps (ever so briefly) laugh and play with his brother. Not that those things can't happen after school, but when Yaya's bus doesn't get here until 4:30 and I have to start dinner at most an hour later, that doesn't leave much time for bonding. There's also the fact that now I have to put at least a little bit of effort into my clothing every day, at least in the afternoons when I have to actually walk into the school.

Anyhoo, their back to school pictures this year are less than thrilling because honestly, neither of them were thrilled.

Ok, in Mr. Man's defense, he was eating in that picture. But he was eating and not happy at the same time. Despite their poutiness, we still made them stand against the wall to get the yearly pictures. This is the best picture I got of Mr. Man.

I did a little better with Yaya.

They're getting back into the school routine--we all are--but I think we're all glad that tomorrow is Friday.

2 comments:

  1. As a kid, I HATED back-to-school. And as an adult, I still feel that same loathing for fall. Other people get excited for the change of season, but I feel sad. I hate the end of summer. Like all the fun is over…

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must be the only mom who is happy when school starts. We function so much better on a schedule.

    ReplyDelete