Monday, September 17, 2012

Happy eighth birthday, Yaya!

I cannot believe that I'm the mother of an eight-year-old boy. Did I say I couldn't believe last year that I was the mother of a seven-year-old boy? I probably did. I'll probably say the same thing next year, too.

At the zoo this summer.

Yaya is definitely his parents' child. He loves to have his nose stuck in a book like me, and he immerses himself in strategy games like B. He's also always his own crazy self, though; never doubt that. He loves being the one to make everyone laugh, even when he should be serious (like so many boys his age), much to the chagrin of several of his teachers. His favorite subject in school is math, although he says he wants to be an artist when he grows up.

He's growing up fast, but he'll always be one of my babies. I love you so very very much, Yaya. Happy birthday!

1 comment:

  1. hope he had a gret day! I'll probably say the same thing when my son's bday comes around next year, and then the next and the next! hahahaha

    ReplyDelete