Friday, October 5, 2012

Baby Girl's first shared meal

Up until this point, in addition to breast milk Baby Girl has lived off of pureed vegetables and fruits, cereals and one or two jars of Stage Three baby food meals, the ones with chicken or beef in them. But last week I decided that she was finally ready to join us for dinner, plus I was making an appropriate meal for her to share. Serendipity.

I made chicken pot pie, by which I mean I made chicken pot pie filling, put it in a casserole dish, then added cheddar biscuit dough on top. Baby Girl, much to her dismay, did not get a biscuit. I took her filling and put it in the food processor with a few cubes each of green beans, peas, sweet potatoes and squash. We were out of carrots, but there were some in the filling.

Here's our starting point.

Looks delicious, no? Let's see what Baby Girl thinks of it.

And here's our ending point.

Or not.

1 comment: