Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Living room changes. Again.

I feel like we're getting close to the ideal furniture arrangement in the living room. We've been through lots of layouts, but this is the one I'm happiest with.

It started when we saw this beauty at the thrift store.

I'm a sucker for midcentury furniture, especially when it's cheap and the finish is in such great condition. This was $40 and needed no more than some minor screen repair, a coat of Restor-a-Finish and a coat of feeding wax. We had been planning on taking down the shelves for a while, and this is a fantastic replacement. From a design standpoint it is technically too tall, but I don't care. I love it and B loves it, so it stays.

We've still got the desk in the corner, and I'm looking for something to replace the child's table in the other corner, but I feel like the chairs are much better here. Excuse the weird composition; I edited out a little boy in his underwear.

The other side of the room. Again, edited out small pantsless children. You can see we moved the table down when we moved the couch to this side of the room, so the gallery wall is off now. I'm thinking about moving that into the dining room anyway. I want a giant old mirror on this wall instead. Something with a gold frame.

I am, as always, on the hunt for the perfect rug. I thought I found it a few weeks ago, but it sold. The hunt continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment