Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Change of (curtain) plans

Way back in March of 2011, I did a post on how to stencil your window shades. I used Jenny's miniblind to Roman shade tutorial, and while I love the idea of it, the fabric I used (dropcloth) was too much for my shades. I avoided this problem in Baby Girl's room by gluing three slats together instead of just using one, but I didn't do that in the kitchen and dining room. It shows.

So the last time we went to Wal-Mart, I picked up a tension rod and turned that hot mess into this.

Obviously there was a lot of skill involved in this transformation. First I very carefully removed the fabric from the shade by grabbing it and yanking it off. Then I looped it over the tension rod. Whew, I'm exhausted just typing that out.

I don't intend for this to stay this way, which means in a few years when we're getting ready to sell I'll finally replace it with something better, or just sew this fabric into a decent-looking cafe curtain. Probably the latter.

No comments:

Post a Comment