Friday, December 21, 2012

Ready or not, it's Christmas vacation time

I had planned a different post for today, but as I write this I have a pouty baby on me who keeps waking up whiny every ten minutes. That means I can't get the camera or USB cable (or the Diet Coke I'm dying for), so we'll just have some rambling thoughts today, shall we? Since I'm typing this one-handed (need the other one to hold the pacifier in Baby Girl's mouth) I'll try and keep it short.

Now that my baking is finished I can go back to working on Mom's scrapbook. I've accomplished very close to not much on it and need it to be done Sunday. All 27-ish pages of it. I've got a pretty good idea of what layouts I'll be using so I'm hoping it'll go fast and smoothly. It won't, but I can always hope.

The boys are on vacation until January 3 now, which I really want to be nice. I know it'll be nice in the mornings--I am not a morning person, so even though my morning routine is almost nonexistent, making it go away even more is nice. Not having to go out into the cold is nice, too. However, there's a lot of screaming meltdowns and sobbing here on a daily basis, and the kids sometimes get emotional too. Seriously, though, it's something we have to deal with every day and although I think Mr. Man is getting better at controlling the physical aspects of his meltdowns, he's making up for that with increased vocals. I'm seriously waiting for the neighbors to call the police.

I'd like to put Baby Girl to bed now, but I'm starting to think she's psychic. Every time I even think about moving her she wakes up. So I guess I'll sit here and suffer, Diet Coke-less. At least I have Netflix and wifi.

1 comment:

  1. Is it wrong that your misery made me chuckle a bit? A little humor makes a tough situation a little more bearable. Hope you have a fantastic holiday (and that you finally get your diet coke!)

    ReplyDelete