Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Birthday dress

I've been trying to decide what to do for Baby Girl's birthday dress for a few weeks now. Normally a solution or an idea presents itself pretty quickly once I start thinking about something I want to acquire (either make or buy, I don't care but the latter is more appealing at this point), but I'm still blank. Since it's her first birthday dress it goes without saying that it needs to be the greatest dress ever. But what kind of greatest dress ever?

Something modern, like these?



Something vintage, like these?



Something frilly, like this?



I love a good tutu.

Source: etsy.com via Jessica on Pinterest



A tutu and a boa? Even better.

Source: etsy.com via Jessica on Pinterest



I bought a fabric very similar to this a while ago, except it's blue. Maybe I could do something with that.

Source: jcrew.com via Jessica on Pinterest



I have all kinds of baby patterns, but of course there are tons of DIY options on Pinterest.



I think my favorite is the more classic-type little girl dress, like the last picture. But what fabric to use? Floral? Big or small floral? What about polka dots? The last two dresses I made her (the only two, sadly) were polka dotted. Plaid? Haven't found a cute plaid so far. Stripes? Chiffon? Tulle? Plain old cotton? I just don't know. I need to decide soon if I'm going to make it. I've been to several stores looking for one, but I can't find much of anything with sleeves. I do know that--I don't want a sleeveless dress. That hasn't been a terribly helpful thing to know, though. The search continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment