Thursday, January 31, 2013

Gingerbread in January

The boys wanted to make gingerbread houses around Christmas, but I never got around to buying the kits or making any, so I thought it was simply a lost opportunity. However, when I did the grocery shopping this week I saw gingerbread house kits for 25 cents each, so I grabbed two. I almost bought all of them, but I managed to restrain myself.

The boys had a snow day yesterday, so that seemed like a perfect time to break out the gingerbread.

Mr. Man's interest waxed and waned, but he started out strong.

Mmm, bag of frosting.

Of course we had a little helper.

This is the first gingerbread house kit I've ever seen that came with this handy little tray. The little slots for the walls were great and made the whole thing pretty painless.

The finished product.

Mr. Man's is on the right. If you look closely, you can probably see some of the gumdrops that he bit in half before adding them to the decor.

These did not make it past dinner on Wednesday night. Mr. Man started in on both houses right away; of course Yaya was thrilled about that. But once B got home there was some sort of natural disaster that resulted in the roof being torn off of one of the houses, and then I'm pretty sure both of the houses suffered some sort of collapse. It was a terrible tragedy, but everyone seems to have recovered nicely.

1 comment:

  1. sooo fun! i wanted to do that too but i think my ocd kept me from getting a kit. maybe this year i'll get one

    ReplyDelete