Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Nest necklace

I've been working on this stupid bathroom floor for three weeks now. Three weeks to install thirty square feet of tile. And it's not all installed yet. When I went in to put down the tile around the sink, two more tiles came up. I know I should be happy I'm finding the weaknesses now, but I'm not. It's just more work for me to have to try and find time to do. So I decided to take a breath and step away from all the projects I'm trying (and failing) to get done before Baby Girl's party. I knew it was time for that when I started thinking about canceling my daughter's first birthday party because it was stressing me out so much.

I've had this project on my to do list for a long time. Well, on my Pinterest board.



I bought the supplies for this forever ago, all at Hobby Lobby. They were pretty cheap since I waited for the beads to be on sale and used a 40% off coupon for the wire. I wish I had been able to find better beads, but I couldn't. I think I saw some I liked better the next time I went in, but I just left it alone.

When I finally sat down to do it, it took maybe five minutes. This is what I ended up with.

I feel so much better after getting something done. I love fast projects that give you results, especially when something else (AHEM, BATHROOM) is dragging on and visible progress is rare. My mom's birthday is Saturday, so I think I'm going to pick up a chain and the rest of the bead colors she needs and make one for her. She has five kids, so hopefully this will work for her.

Do you have any recommendations for fast, easy projects, whether they're house-related or crafty like this? Or any other recommendations on de-stressing when a project is getting under your skin?

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure your mom will appreciate something hand made .. from the heart:) for her birthday. You did such a great job on this piece!

    leslie
    www.trouverlesoleil.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete