Monday, February 4, 2013

At least I made some progress

Friday morning when I got home from dropping the boys at school, Baby Girl was napping and I felt the urge to get something done. So I rushed (quietly) to lay the tile that was ready to go down. It took about two hours, mostly because I mixed the mortar in small batches and had to mix three of them. But the main part of the floor is tiled once again.

I tried to get the sink in, but it wanted bracing in the wall, which we do not have and which I will absolutely not be ripping the wall open to add. So I need to get toggle bolts or anchors or something strong enough to hold the sink up before we can move forward there.

I also got a little bit done in the living room, but not as much as I wanted. I'll probably put off getting the bolts for a day and do all the touch up painting that needs to get done instead. I also worked a bit on Baby Girl's party decorations. I have a lot more of them to make, but once I start it goes fast and it's not difficult work.

I hope everyone else managed to get more done than I did this weekend. Or did Super Bowl cooking dominate your Sunday, too?

1 comment:

  1. This is looking great. Looks like the worst is behind you on this one.

    ReplyDelete