Monday, February 11, 2013

I have a vanity! Kind of!

B and I went and picked up the vanity Friday (YAY that it was still there). We started installing the faucet and all that, and got as far as attaching the drain before Baby Girl wanted a nap and the boys needed to be picked up from school. I had hoped to get back to it this weekend, but I have to say, I was really looking forward to this weekend for five days and the kids ruined it by being stinkers the entire time. I managed to get my tile cut, but not much else. Well, a little else, but that's for another post.

I had planned to install the vanity itself and then install the sink once we got the faucet hooked on (because if you can put the faucet on and save yourself having to work above your head while lying down, you should do that), but again, life intervened. However, I plan to utilize Baby Girl's naptime tomorrow to finish the installation. Hopefully she's accustomed enough to DIY that the sound of a drill doesn't wake her.

So after that bit of babbling, here's the vanity we ended up with.

I'm really happy with it. One of the reviews I read on Home Depot's site said it was stark white instead of "linen," but obviously that guy was wrong. I love the color. It blends with the wall color and doesn't clash with the tile. I need to get new knobs, since the ones that it came with are cheap looking, but I haven't decided what I'm going to get yet. I'm thinking brushed nickel egg knobs, $3.48 at Home Depot if I get the large size. I mean, I kind of want to go to the antique store and dig through their big bins of salvaged hardware, but I'm reining that urge in and restricting myself to Home Depot or Menards.

This is going to be a crazy busy week; not only do I have to finish up the bathroom, but there's Baby Girl's birthday party and the boys' Valentines parties to get ready for. I better brush up on my Valentine-box-making skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment