Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Master bedroom challenge, week three

I changed to week three because last week, according to Linda, was week two. I'm a little scared that the challenge is halfway done already and I've accomplished a whole lot of nothing.

I realized today that I don't have enough laminate to do the whole floor, and of course it's discontinued because it was purchased more than a week ago. I briefly thought about laying what I had and finding a close match, but after looking online at Lowes and Home Depot, I'm not sure a close match still exists. So I will go and pick something else out.

Here's what I have so far: a quilt, a yard of fabric and a spool of ribbon.

I took these pictures in the corner with the loveseat, which, despite being no more than four feet from the light, is super dim. So I'm adding floor lamp to my shopping list. I had to tweak these colors but they're more or less close.

I should really find new fabric for the loveseat cushions. Ideally I would make new cushion covers (we washed the old ones and they shrunk to about 3/4 of their normal size) but there's a lot of other sewing to do.

Here's a close up of the ribbon.

I bought the ribbon before I had the peacock fabric. It was intended to be trim for the curtains, but a)there's only ten yards so that's not enough for six panels and b) it might technically go with the peacock fabric, but they don't really look right together to me. I mean, they wouldn't be right next to each other, but I'm not feeling it.

I'll be going on a bedroom shopping spree this weekend, so hopefully next week I'll have made up for my lack of progress thus far.

1 comment:

  1. You are so funny, and I'm glad you are playing the home game. Let me help you....Six full weeks with the finale at the end of 6, making it 7 actual posts. Confused(?), girl you should see the emails that fly behind the scenes. The final posts will go Wednesday, March 20th. I really like your second ribbon, too bad there isn't enough.

    ReplyDelete