Thursday, March 28, 2013

Another birthstone nest necklace

I mentioned a while back that I planned on making one of these for my mom. I just got around to it, of course. I'm not as happy with this one as I was with the first one I made.

You can't really see it in this picture, but it seems like the oils from my fingers rubbed the finish off of one of the beads. I'm also not thrilled with the way the beads sit. I think I'll dig out my bead tweezers and see what improvements I can make.

The kids are on spring break now until next Tuesday. Part of me thinks "awesome, I don't have to schedule my day around pick ups and drop offs; I'll definitely get more done now." Part of me thinks I know better than that. We'll see what happens. We bought Baby Girl one of those baby gate play yards that folds out to make a 35-square-foot baby jail, so that should help me out a bit. I'm thinking sewing room work, although how much I get done depends on how much I have to referee. B also has school until 10 PM, so whatever I get accomplished (or not), I'm sure it's going to be a long day.

No comments:

Post a Comment