Friday, March 22, 2013

Ratfinks

I must have temporarily taken leave of my senses, because earlier this week this happened.

And this.

Meet Regulus and Sirius. Yes, more pets named after Harry Potter characters.

I had agreed to get two gerbils for Yaya. Bought the setup for the gerbils. (That's why they're in a tank instead of a cage.) Then we went and they were out of gerbils, but did we want to hold a rat? Now, I had suggested a rat because they're very smart and good companions, but no, he wanted gerbils. Plans change, but all the research I did was on gerbils, hence getting a tank instead of a cage. I'm keeping an eye out for a used one on Craigslist, but until then I'm making a rat condo and rat hammocks. It's fun, even if the condo took me an entire day and I know they'll chew it to bits as soon as I put it in the tank.

1 comment: