Thursday, April 25, 2013

Basementing

I thought that I was at the point in my fix ups where I was out of things that I could do with Baby Girl around. But then I remembered we bought this play yard and we were back on track. She spent a good chunk of time in there last night while I got started on priming the main part of the basement.

I don't have a before picture, but look at the opposite wall to see the color difference. Definitely a good change.

It took two hours and tons of primer just to do that one wall. And since the wall is textured it could really use another coat to get in all the nooks and crannies, but I don't wanna. I think a big problem was that I was using a foam roller instead of a rough texture roller. There's no school the rest of the week so it would mean a terrible whine-filled trip, but I may risk taking all the children to Home Depot tomorrow. Or Wal-Mart; their rollers are half the price and I don't care about the quality for basement walls. Baby Girl should be happy with a different roller since it will mean less time in baby jail.

I also worked on getting things away from the other wall I have to paint in the sewing room. I got three boxes packed up and almost one trash bag filled, but I'm not that much closer to the wall.

I'm going back and forth on painting the floor. Pros: there's lots of spray paint marks and I'm sure covering them up would make things look nicer. Cons: I will have to buy paint (I have two partial gallons but I'd probably need one more) and move stuff around. A lot. And also keep the cats from tracking paint everywhere. My cats aren't very smart so they would have paw prints on every flat surface in the house.

As for the rest of the week, I hope to have a working bathroom sink, get the new bathroom and living room trim painted (it's been too cold so far and now I have to wait until Friday evening), finish painting the kitchen cabinets, paint the kitchen walls, finish laying the entry tile and get the last two bathroom tiles cut and laid. Whew. That's not counting all the things I want to get done this weekend. I hope I can do it. Baby jail will help.

No comments:

Post a Comment