Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Bathroom week: the easy stuff

I know this is technically being posted on Tuesday, but I'm writing it on Monday so it's officially Bathroom Day One. I had planned to tile today, but it didn't happen because Home Depot was out of floor patch. I'll try Menards tomorrow, but for today I decided to knock out the easy stuff: the mirror and the paint scraping.

The mirror was super easy. A little too easy, if you ask me--our drill broke and I was worried about making a hole for the wall anchor by hand, but it was a piece of cake. I hope I don't find this in pieces on the floor one morning.

The paint, however, was...well, it was easy, it was just also time-consuming. Not too much, though. Here's before.

And after.

It's a little thing, but it makes a difference.

I think tomorrow I'll work on painting the doors and finishing up the one spot that, for some reason, I didn't paint. Also touching up the place where I accidentally scraped four layers of paint off the wall. Home Depot didn't have the low-odor oil-based primer I need for trim either, so I'll have to check Menards for that, too.

The list so far:

  • finish installing and grouting floor
  • finish painting
  • install faucet
  • screw vanity to the wall
  • prime and paint trim
  • install trim
  • scrape paint off tile (I was a little messy at one edge)
  • paint doors
  • hang mirror
  • hang art over the toilet
  • get a bath mat

No comments:

Post a Comment