Tuesday, April 30, 2013

I actually found a good oops paint color

I didn't want to spend $35 a gallon to paint the basement, but I also didn't want to deal with crappy watery paint. Miraculously I came across two gallons of decent neutral oops paint at Home Depot. Usually all they have are neon greens or various shades of mauve. I had to wait three or four trips for this color to show up, but it was worth it.

This is where we left the sewing room/craft studio/whatever I'm calling it this week.

I will admit, I was a little disappointed when I opened the can because it looked like a nice neutral yellow on the label, but it was definitely greenish in the can and on the wall.

I see a spot I missed.

When I moved over to the main part of the basement, where there's better lighting, it looked much more like the label. To me it looks kind of a wheat-colored.

I'm sure it's also a little darker than usual because it's dark outside and the paint is still wet.

I have two gallons, and I'm thinking that'll be just about enough. Painting these three walls (of eight total) took approximately 2/3 of a gallon, so I'll probably be scraping at the end. Two of the walls are drywall so maybe that'll make things easier.

I want to get it done so we can go through the toys to purge for our garage sale but I probably won't be able to get back to this until Wednesday. I'd like to finish it up this week, but there's a lot of moving around to do in the sewing room so maybe, maybe not.

No comments:

Post a Comment