In the meantime, we did lots of little stuff. Piddly stuff, my dad would say. I started to touch up the paint on some cabinets, and there are no pictures because that was a little too boring, even for me. But we replaced an outlet and a light switch. Here's the switch; the thing on the right is a dimmer-type thing for the fan (why?). The knob fell off and broke forever ago, and today's universal knobs are not universal to houses built 45 years ago, apparently.
OK, so note that this is at the top of the stairs. The fan switch, for the living room, is on the left. The light switch for the entry is on the right. The entry is on the left! The living room is on the right! Why is this backwards? Also, I accidentally got a two-way switch instead of a three-way switch for the entry. Oops. I have plenty of other ugly light switches to replace, so no big.
I only planned on taking up the quarter round in the entry (broke almost every piece, too, no matter how delicate I was--thank God for glue and wood putty), but somehow I ended up with this.
That stuff does not want to come up. It occurred to me after I started (aka too late) that I probably could have just laid the tile over it. This is better anyway.
I think this week is going to be my floor week. Entry, bathroom, kitchen, a little bit in the living room and our bedroom, various closets, etc etc. I don't know if I'll get it all done--closets especially--but it'd be nice to finish some big lingering projects.