Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Life maintenance day

Today was one of those days where you have to do a bunch of piddly little things that have no visible effect. Baby Girl and I spent the morning running errands--groceries, Home Depot (I would like a week to go by where I don't have to go to Home Depot), prizes for Mr. Man's class store, doctor's office to sign a form. Etc etc. I spent approximately two hours trying to put Baby Girl to sleep, and that's just naptime. People tell me all the time "oh, she's such a happy baby! I bet she's always happy!" Not always.

Trust me, she was being a pouty pants there. She's a ham, too, so it's hard to get pictures of her crying because she starts smiling as soon as she sees the camera.

I spent two hours cooking and cleaning the kitchen. An hour doing laundry and picking up the house (you can't tell, of course). I tried to work on the entry floor but Baby Girl didn't want to be left in the living room and I'm pretty sure I was marking the tile backward. So I got exactly this far.

I'm pretty sure I delacquered some brass. I meant to just clean it, so oops. Delacquering is OK, too.

My Yaya.

At least it was reasonably nice outside. Here's Bill celebrating victory over Poppy in claiming the living room window.

Aww, kitties. Can't we all just get along?

No comments:

Post a Comment