Thursday, May 23, 2013

Organizing over and over again

There's nothing I love more than doing a project over again, especially a cleaning project. So I'm very happy that I get to do that pretty much every day. Today's project was the toy room. Again.

I may have a before before, but I think this one is bad enough.

What's sad is that the kids don't even play in here that much, so it's been messy like this for a while. Mr. Man plays with Legos and occasionally Baby Girl crawls around and gets into everything while I try to get stuff done. Anyway, I didn't quite finish (bedtime beckoned) but here's the room a few hours (I think) later.

Oops, I see an open drawer.

There was garage sale stuff kind of mixed in with everything else (that pile next to the treadmill), so the first thing I did was move all of that out of the way. After that it was just sorting, sorting and more sorting. I labeled one drawer set, and the other set will be labeled once I'm sure of what's going in each drawer. Even if the kids don't put stuff away in the right place, at least it'll help me clean up fast. We ran into the shelving at the thrift store a few months ago. I think each shelf was something like 65 cents, pipes included. Or you could just spend $15 on a four-shelf unit at Wal-Mart. Well, $30. This is two units.

I still have a few more bins to sort through, and of course getting all the garage sale stuff out will clear up a ton of space, but I think for a few hours' time it's not bad. I have high hopes for the open shelving; maybe the kids will put things back if there's a flat, clear area for them to do so. That's probably a pipe dream, but I can't help myself.

1 comment:

  1. I understand. I am about to get rid of a ton of stuff my kids forgot they had. I will never admit to it if they ask.

    ReplyDelete