Wednesday, June 5, 2013

End-of-year teacher gifts

This was kind of a bittersweet last school day for me. Mr. Man is moving from the primary school (PK-1) to the elementary school (2-5). This means he'll be leaving behind his special education teacher that he's had since pre-K, so three years now. I cried. Not at school, thankfully, but still. I don't normally do end-of-year gifts--just Christmas and Teacher Appreciation--but I felt like I needed to do something. I put together these Summer Survival Kits based on stuff I've given before and stuff I've seen online.

I included two Diet Cokes (or two Diet Dr Peppers, for Mr. Man's teacher since I knew she liked them), two bottles of water that aren't pictured, two packets of lemonade mix for water bottles, a beach ball, a travel size sunscreen, bubbles and gummy bears. The bags are from Dollar Tree; I thought they were pretty cute for $1 each. They also had pink, yellow and red. Each kit was roughly $5, so a good budget-friendly option. If you have a higher budget, you can add a beach towel, flip flops, magazines, bigger sunscreen, sunglasses, a floppy hat...basically anything you'd want to take to a beach, even if you (like me) don't live anywhere near a coast.

No comments:

Post a Comment