Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Peanut butter play dough

I don't know about you, but my children would be perfectly happy to play the Wii and computer all summer long. Of course we do have some of those days, but I also try to do fun activities to keep their brains from completely rotting away.

I knew they would love peanut butter play dough, so I did some Googling to figure out which recipe to use and found this post. I used her winner and the kids loved it.

We have several Play Doh sets, but even though it's non toxic, I didn't want them potentially eating something that had gone through the same toy Play Doh had. So we just used whatever we had around to make patterns, including Happy Meal toys.

Yaya's only complaint was that it got soft too fast. A quick trip to the fridge took care of that, though.

Baby Girl just ate hers, of course. She's pretty no-nonsense when it comes to sugar.

Next up on the summer list: either a soda bottle sprinkler or a PVC kid wash. Decisions, decisions.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, the kid wash for sure! I made the basic one bar version two summers ago, and then the super duper bike wash version last year. Hours and hours of fun, and awesome pictures!

    ReplyDelete