Friday, June 21, 2013

Say goodbye to Google Reader

I was not thrilled when Google announced that Google Reader was going away. I don't like change, and I didn't want to have to find another way to read the hundred and sixty-ish blogs I had on Reader. I read lots of posts about new blog aggregators, but as far as I could tell none of them had anything comparable to the bookmarklet Google Reader has. You put it in your bookmarks bar, then you can click "next" to go to the next unread blog. It goes directly to the blog so the bloggers get page views and it's easier than clicking on each link individually. So I figured I would just try them all and see which one I liked best.

Some of them had waiting times to import my reading list, and they might be longer now that July 1 is getting close. It didn't take long, though, and I was happy to find that Bloglovin has something very similar to Google Reader's next bookmarklet, with the added bonus that you can choose which blog you read next, instead of just going to the most recently published post.

If you want to follow Must Add Fabric Softener on Bloglovin, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment