Friday, June 14, 2013

Slightly less skinny baby

Yesterday was Baby Girl's follow up appointment for her weight loss. If you don't want to click, last month at Baby Girl's 15 month checkup she had lost a pound and weighed 18 pounds 4 ounces, which put her in the fourth percentile for weight. She's never been super heavy despite being my only baby to have fat rolls, but fourth percentile was way low for her. So we spent the last month trying to fatten her up. By which I mean, I tried to convince her to eat more fat and was mostly unsuccessful. Whatever, baby. You do you.

Curious George is riveting.

We went back in and had her weighed both on the baby scale and the big kid scale. On the baby scale she was 20 pounds 8 ounces; on the big kid scale she was 20 pounds 4 ounces, but the nurse said we shouldn't weigh her on that until she's better at standing up and still on her own, probably age two. She was leaning on me and it took her a few seconds to lock her knees, so who knows if her weight on that scale was really accurate. Also, it's digital while the little one is manual.

So we're supposed to keep doing what we're doing. I think she's going through a growth spurt, too; she ate an entire peanut butter and jelly sandwich today for lunch when usually I struggle to get a quarter of that into her.

All that eating tires a baby out.

She's still a little low, even though her weight jumped up two standard deviations on the chart. She went from the twenty-third percentile at one year, to the fourth percentile at 15 months, then back up to the eleventh percentile now, at 16 months. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to look at it as a ten percent drop or a seven percent jump. She's always looked about the same to me, but I'll keep giving her 4% cottage cheese and peanut butter. We tried avocado pudding but she wasn't a fan. I thought it was pretty good.

Anyone have any high-fat snack ideas for me? Baby Girl and I thank you in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment