Wednesday, August 7, 2013

More dollhouse for me

Sometimes, even though you didn't plan to buy it, you just have to jump at the opportunity when something unique shows up on your Craigslist RSS feed.

When this handbuilt gambrel-roofed dollhouse came up for $50, I jumped at the chance.

It's huge, too--almost three feet long and a little over two feet high.

I'm not quite sure what it will become yet. I figure I'll just start working on it and see what happens from there.

Sorry for the weird angle--it's a little too heavy to pick up and turn around alone, plus things are pretty tight in that corner.

It came with three miniature books and a furniture kit. I remember doing the kits Hancock Fabrics (Northwest Fabrics back then) used to sell, but they were never this involved--this one has upholstery and everything. I wish I could remember what those kits were called.

I'm not sure where this house will live once it's done. It's sturdy enough to be in the toy room, but I'm not sure I'll want it there after all the work I'm going to put into it. But that's all details. Those can wait until later.

1 comment:

  1. Very intreaguing find!! Can t wait to see what you do with it....
    I have a few ideas.. really curious to see it finished!! Keep us posted!!

    xo
    Ozana

    ReplyDelete