Friday, September 6, 2013

Halloween time

Last year I think I started working on Halloween costumes around June. This year I just remembered today that Halloween is in a little less than two months. That may sound like a lot, but when you make multiple costumes you need all the time you can get.

B usually makes most of his own costume, but if there's sewing then I'm drafted for that. I don't think he'll have much this year, though. I think he's decided on being Michael Weston from Burn Notice. (R.I.P.)

I am not really much of a dressing up person. I think it would be cute to wear this with red striped tights, but it's probably not going to happen. It's a non-costumey costume, though, which is what I like.

It would be cute with a skirt like this, too, except closer to knee-length.

Yaya wants to be something from Minecraft. Either Enderman or Herobrine. I have no idea who either of those characters are, but luckily Reddit is there for me and there are tutorials for a glowing Enderman here and Herobrine here.

Mr. Man doesn't care, which means his will probably be the hardest. I asked him what he wanted to be for Halloween and he said Skittles, then he said Kit Kats. I think he misunderstood the question, but even so I can't find a ready made Skittles costume for a child that doesn't go over the head.

We still have his Superman costume from last year, which is all one piece and which he wears as pajamas. He's really into Scooby Doo right now, but because of his autism he's not big into things on his head, so that kind of rules that out. We could probably do some superhero and he'd be fine with that.

I still have the top half of Yaya's old Luke Skywalker costume (from 2010), so he might be able to wear that. Of course Yaya was six and Mr. Man is almost seven, so I'm not at all sure that it will fit.

I found a drawing I did last year of a Mad Hatter costume for Baby Girl, and I might do that this year. I love this style of skirt.

There's also this adorable Little Red Riding Hood costume.

I can't decide. What are your Halloween costume plans for this year? Or will you be staying home and eating all the candy?

No comments:

Post a Comment