Wednesday, September 25, 2013

More sewing room organization

Today I thought back to the time before I had small children, when I could actually organize things effectively, and decided to go into the sewing room with a plan: clear as much of the center of the floor as I could, and clear off the desk. It certainly made things easier.

Mostly cleared desk. The fabric on there is a top I'm working on for Baby Girl, so I left it.

More floor space.

Still need to figure out that chair. The dollhouse will go on top of the dresser once I get it cleared off, so maybe the chair could go where the dollhouse is right now.

I got all my holes drilled for the wiring except one. Well, two. This is part of the space that the wiring had to run through.

The light switch is located on the wall under the third space, the one with nothing in it. So basically the wiring should come up, go through the joists, over to the center of the sewing room and attach to the light fixture. The only problem is that there's no way to get the drill up there to put a hole in the stud between the PVC and the duct and copper line. I think there are super long drill bits for this exact situation, but I don't own any. For now I guess I'll just run it along the bottom of the joist.

I'm not sure if I'll get much more organization done in here until after Halloween, or at least until after the costumes are made. I'll clear off the dresser and move the dollhouse and chair, but other than that it's good enough to start sewing. That's all I need right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment